Vibrators are electrical machines powered by batteries (more popular) or plugged into electrical outlets.
- different sizes and shapes (cylindrical or penis shaped in different diameters and lengths)
- variable speed controls
- sometimes come with attachments for different parts of the body
- AC-powered vibrators (plugged into electrical outlets) must not be used in or with water
- battery powered vibrators can overheat if used for too long a time.
- The sexual sensations produced by a vibrator can be both intense and rapidly felt and must be used gently on sensitive body tissue.
- To cut down on the intensity of the sensation a towel may be used between the skin and the vibrator
- To make the vibrator more comfortable and stimulating try using a water-based lubricant
- Many sex therapists advise the use of a vibrator for women learning to give themselves orgasms
- Vibrators may be used them when you are alone or with partners
Sex aids are not necessarily used every time someone has sex.